I hope you are all doing well, staying healthy and finding a way to enjoy the sun and outdoors safely.
While there is nothing new to report regarding workplaces at this time, we would like to let you know what the Union has been working on for our members.
- Updating website to enable membership sign up lists with email confirmations sent.
- Researching electronic voting systems that have been approved by national to hold required elections (bargaining committees).
- Researching online forums for future general meetings and unit meetings.
- Researching ways to conduct regular business in a new normal.
- Staying on top of changing rules that directly affect any of our members.
I am not sure anything will ever be the same, so we have to make changes and adapt to a new way of living going forward. If you or a family member is having a challenging time through this, please be reminded of the resources available.
Employee and family assistance programs are available for members at all of our municipalities:
Homewood https://homeweb.ca/ 1-844-693-5123
(Colwood, North Saanich, Sidney and Sooke)
(Esquimalt and Metchosin)
Other resources available to our community:
United Way http://www.unitedway.ca/
(post secondary students)
If you just need someone to talk to, please reach out to your unit VP. We can always arrange group chats, online for those who need it.
Take care of yourselves. Stay safe, healthy and optimistic.
President, CUPE Local 374